Civil Services

Civil services available through the Sheriff’s Office include:

Concealed Handgun License

Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL) are available from the Sheriff and are effective for four years. To see the requirements for obtaining a CHL and determine if you qualify please read the Concealed Handgun ORS To apply, fill out the application and return it to our office. This form is a fill-able form but you will …

View page »

Civil Process Service

The Union County Sheriff’s Civil Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST except between the lunch hour of 11-noon.. Civil Clerk Terri Spears and Civil Deputy Lani Jones can be reached for questions regarding the service or enforcement of civil process at 541-963-1017. Our mailing address is: 1109 ‘K” Ave. …

View page »


Did you know that many professions require fingerprinting as part of the hiring process? Some of these jobs include: *School workers*Hospital workers *Nursing home workers *Postal workers *Insurance agents *Securities brokers*Student teachers*Lunch buddies *Foster or adoptive parents *Real estate agents *Private security employees*Teaching certifications*Community volunteers *Law enforcement personnel *Concealed weapon permit applicants Fingerprints are offered …

View page »

Boat Registration

Boat Registration The Sheriff’s Office is now a registered agent with the Oregon State Marine Board. We are able to process titles and registrations, registration renewals and title transfers on new, used and out of state boats. We will issue you a temporary permit and send the paperwork to the Marine Board for your permanent …

View page »

Sheriff’s Sales

Sheriff’s Sales Thanks to changes in state law Sheriff’s Sales can now be posted on the internet instead of in local newspapers. The Oregon State Sheriff’s Association has created a web page for Sheriff’s Offices throughout the state to list their sales.  The hope is that the internet postings will bring in more bidders. While …

View page »