The Sheriff’s Office will post all job openings on this site and also with Worksource Oregon. We will take applications at all times and keep them on file for one year or until the position you are interested in comes open.
Our most frequent hires are for Reserve Corrections Deputies. These deputies help full time deputies in the jail when someone is sick or on vacation. The job is on an on-call basis and pays $11/hour.
To qualify for a position you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a US citizen (certified patrol and corrections positions only)
- Have a valid driver’s license (for a certified position it must be an Oregon license)
- Pass a written test
- Pass a physical agility test
- Pass an oral interview
- Pass a Sheriff/Captain interview
- Pass a complete background check
- Pass a medical exam and drug screening
- Pass a psychological exam (Certified Patrol or Corrections Deputies and Animal Control Deputies only)
Please feel free to fill out an application and return it to the Sheriff’s Office at 1109 K Avenue, La Grande, Oregon 97850 or fax to 541-963-1023. Or your completed application can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.